As an award-winning journalists, I specialize in crime, terrorism, breaking news and investigative reporting. I have covered everything from heart-wrenching tragedies to critical socials issues; from major terror attacks and mass shootings to cyber hacks, plane crashes, drug trafficking, and many others.
I have interviewed a death row inmate, a KKK grand wizard, a Swedish Queen, Hollywood celebrities, police chiefs, sheriffs, federal agents, military personnel and their spouses. My favorite interviews are people — like you and me — who have stories to tell.
The diversity of awards reflects my unwavering commitment to investigate thoroughly, report accurately, and synthesize clearly.
- 2015 Outstanding Live Coverage, AC360 Emmy Nomination
- 2015 Front Page Award for Eric Garner protests, NYC
- 2009 Christmas Day Bomber Emmy nomination
- 2008 Peabody Award: Team Coverage of the 2008 Presidential Campaigns
- 2008 New York Association of Black Journalists Business Reporting, Foreclosure Crisis.
- 2006 Gracie Award: Outstanding Feature, Sperm Donor-Born Children;
- 2005 Peabody Award: Team Coverage Hurricane Katrina
- 2003 Al Qaeda Terror Investigation Emmy nomination
- 2003 American Muslim Union “Outstanding Journalist.”
- 2002 National Headliner Award as part of CNN’s 9/11 investigative team
Speaking Engagements: Frequently sought out as a speaker, moderator and expert, most recently by the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the DOJ’s National Security conference in Massachusetts and multiple cyber-security panels.
Below is a snapshot of some of the stories I have covered.